How Can A Counselor Help You?
Professional counseling services are designed to help individuals and families cope with a range of issues, from mental health problems like anxiety and depression, to marriage counseling and help with addiction. The mental health providers at Strategic Psychological Services in Warwick, RI, offer a range of services for children, adults, and families.
Professional Counseling Services in Warwick, RI
Some of the many areas covered by professional counseling services include:
- Substance abuse
- Marriage, family, and relationship issues
- ADD (attention deficit disorder)
- Suicide prevention
- PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- Mental illnesses and disorders
- OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Eating disorders
When to Seek Help
Most people can benefit from professional counseling at some point in their lives, even for seemingly "minor" issues like figuring out a career path or working out emotional issues that may be hindering personal development and progress. Therapists and professional counselors can help people find insight and perspective on a current situation or life phase, or ongoing concerns like chronic stress or debilitating anxiety, which can disrupt and negatively affect quality of life and health.
Counseling is strongly recommended in certain situations:
- In case of addiction to substances or destructive behaviors
- OCD symptoms that interfere with every day activities like getting to work or school
- Relationship strife
- Traumatic life events like divorce or death
- Behavioral problems in children
- Ongoing sadness and depression
- Psychiatric issues
- Suicidal thoughts
If you have never been to therapy or are not sure if counseling is right for you or your family, a consultation can help you get acquainted with the process.
Find a Professional Counselor in Warwick, RI
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, mental health issues, or family conflict, contact Strategic Psychological Services by calling (401) 785-0040 to schedule an appointment with a licensed psychologist or counselor today.